- Home /
- 15 Watt Ultraviolet Steriliser System
Type: Ultra violet sterilisation
The UV-DS15 is designed to kill bacteria and micro organisms leaving your water bacteria free and safe to drink. The flow rate of this model is 8 litres per minute ensuring the water receives the standard UK dose of disinfection energy. Ultra violet treatment is one of the safest ways to disinfect water as the rays are a natural component of sunlight. No chemicals are added so there is no danger of overdosing or creating a bad taste.
- A stainless steel outer cylinder fitted with a high grade quartz sleeve which houses a 15 watt UV lamp.
- A separate electrical control box.
- UV sediment water filter system with a 5 micron particle filter.
- Mounting brackets
- A UV Mounting back board for easy installation.
- Automatic shut off valve encase of a lamp fail or a power cut.
- Please contact us to discuss your requirements 01805 804202
How it works:
Water passes into the prefilter containing the 5 micron sediment removal cartridge where small particles are trapped. This ensures there is nothing to cast a shadow inside the sterilisation chamber which could shelter bacteria from the sterilising rays. The water then passes into the sterilisation chamber where it is subjected to the ultra violet rays, lethal to bacteria and micro-organisms. The rays penetrate and destroy the cell structure of the organisms. The high grade quartz sleeve provides the best possible clarity to allow the rays to reach the organisms at the highest possible strength.
The electrical parts for the system are housed in a separate box allowing flexibility of installation. If you choose to add an automatic shut off valve fitted to the system in the event of a lamp fail or power cut, the shut off valve will close and prevent any untreated water entering the property.
This unit is available with parallel inlet and outlet ports.
Silverline UV systems comprise an outer chamber made in stainless steel, that contains a high purity quartz tube surrounding a 15 watt ultra violet (germicidal) lamp plus electrical control box.
Power: 15 Watts
Flow Rate: 8 Lpm
Connections: ¾" BSP Female parallel
Also supplied with this product a 10" prefilter with bracket, spanner and sediment water filter cartridges for removal of sediment and particles from water preventing damage to water fed equipment , including pumps, water filters and ultraviolet units.
Prefilter Max working pressure: 100 psi
Prefilter takes standard size 10" cartridges (2.5" diameter approx)
A backboard for this product is available separately.
Regulation 31 approval by the Drinking Water Inspectorate.
WRAS (Water Regulations Advisory Scheme) approved, certificate no. 0801091.
Write Your Own Review
Based in Devon, with distributors throughout Europe, Silverline UK Limited manufactures a wide range of water treatment systems and products.
Reasons to choose Silverline UK
- The highest quality materials are always used.
- We have a technical team available to interpret your water report and give advice on suitable solutions.
- We can advise and manufacture to your specific requirements.
- We have a wide range of products to meet your individual needs, domestic and commercial.
- Prompt postage or delivery with a range of carriage options.
- Reminder service to let you know when your filter/cartridge needs replacing.
- Wide range of WRAS approved products.
- All components and parts conform to British standards BS6920
- The filtration media are approved by the Drinking Water Inspectorate and the Department of the Environment
- Careful testing is performed on all our products and reports are available for many to substantiate performance.
- Friendly well informed staff happy to assist.
Use spaces to separate tags. Use single quotes (') for phrases.
Check items to add to the cart or select all